USMA Announces Drag Racing Leadership Team
The U.S. Motorsports Association (USMA) announced the official formation of the Drag Racing Leadership Team (DRLT), a group of drag strip owners and leaders across the US committed to working on current and future issues related to the sport.
The team was initially brought together to focus on the COVID-19 crisis and the restart of racing, which remains a primary objective of the DRLT. Bill Bader Jr. of Summit Motorsports Park has been named the DRLT Chairman and Steve Earwood of Rockingham Dragway will serve as DRLT Co-Chairman.
“The Drag Racing Leadership Team brings together drag racing’s top talent, experience, and most passionate advocates. Getting together is crucial as we are able to inspire, network and learn from each other,” said Bill Bader Jr., President of Summit Motorsports Park and Chairman of the DRLT. “Collectively, we can take unified action in the best interest of our sport and our racing facilities.”
The DRLT, which currently consists of 11 tracks, also announced plans to bring the group to 25 member facilities. The group will meet regularly via conference calls, with an in-person meeting set to be determined at a later date.
Members of the DRLT Include:
· Summit Motorsports Park, Bill Bader Jr., Chairman
· Rockingham Dragway, Steve Earwood, Co-Chairman
· Houston Raceway, Seth Angel, Founding Member
· Bandimere Speedway, John Bandimere III, Founding Member
· Gateway Motorsports Park, Chris Blair, Founding Member
· Famoso Raceway, Blake Bowser, Founding Member
· Bristol Motor Speedway, Brandon Cross, Founding Member
· Firebird Raceway, Scott/Brad New, Founding Members
· Virginia Motorsports Park, Tommy Franklin, Founding Member
· US 131 Motorsports Park, Jason Peterson, Founding Member
· Tulsa Raceway Park, Keith Haney/Todd Martin, Founding Members
For more information, visit SaveRacing.com.