Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Meeting Room S 320 A
Tim Frost, publisher of National Speedway Directory, the annual book and online tools that provide information on North American race tracks, is organizing a Race Track Business Conference to be held in November in conjunction with the Performance Racing Industry Trade Show.
“The PRI Trade Show is a powerful gathering place for the entire racing industry, and we wanted to add value to that experience for race track owners and operators by organizing a day-long conference just for them,” said Frost. “We are creating the curriculum right now. Basically, we’re looking to create a full spectrum of topics with expert presenters, including strategies for increasing ticket sales, securing additional revenue streams, efficient track maintenance and more.”
The Race Track Business Conference will take place Wednesday, November 28, 2012, in the North/South Building of the Orange County Convention Center, in Orlando, Florida. The three-day PRI Trade Show begins the following day, on Thursday, November 29. The PRI Trade Show is the largest gathering of racing professionals in the world, with 38,000 buyers in attendance and over 1,000 companies exhibiting the latest advances in racing technology.
• Humpy Wheeler – President – The Wheeler Company
• Derek Daly – President – Derek Daly Academy
• Michael Culver – Chief Executive Officer – Skip Barber Racing School
• John Lopes – President – Andretti Sports Marketing
• Brock Yates, Jr. – Event Coordinator – One Lap of America
• Stoke Caldwell – Partner – Robinson, Bradshaw, & Hinson
• David Pijot – Senior Vice President – Suntrust Bank
• Chris Lencheski – President – Front Row Marketing Services
• Bob Baker – Executive Director - National Sprint Car Hall of Fame
• Russ Deane – Attorney – Trainum, Snowdom & Deane
• Bill Doyle – Vice President – Performance Research, Inc.
• Ruthie Forbes – Founder – Grand Solutions, Inc.
• Gene Cottingham – Founder – Grand Solutions, Inc.
• Mathew Efird – Attorney – Robinson, Bradshaw & Hinson
• Brian Ghidinelli – Founder – MotorsportReg.com
• Joe Mattiolli – Director – Group 341 / Pocono Raceway
• Jon Hedges – President – Hedges & Company
• Bob Barnard – President – Motorsports Services International
• Jason Rittenbery – President – Palm Beach Internatonal Raceway
• Terry Weber – Founder – Group 341
• Steve Mumma – Manager – Security Engineering
• Justin Marks – Owner – Mooresville Motorplex
The speakers are tenative and subject to change.
“We’re excited and pleased to have Tim’s expertise at work to offer this special event at the PRI Trade Show for race track owners and operators,” said John Kilroy, editor of Performance Racing Industry magazine. “It’s important for the racing industry to gather together all in one place, all at one time, and this Race Track Business Conference will certainly be a profitable experience for race promoters."
The list of speakers and agenda items are tentative and subject to change.
The cost to attend RTBC-2012 is $250. This cost includes lunch and admission to the PRI Trade Show. Additional information can be found at www.racetrackbusinessconference.com or by calling 847/853-0294.
The National Speedway Directory is an annual paperback book that has long been recognized as “the source” for information about the more than 1,000 race tracks in North America. It provides full contact information, description, types of racing and much more on every race track. The National Speedway Directory also offers information online at www.speedwaysonline.com and an app for smartphones
Click here to register for the 2012 PRI Trade Show.