People are as valuable a component to the annual Performance Racing Industry Trade Show as the hardcore racing parts everyone comes to see. Nowhere is the people factor more apparent than in the many events of what’s come to be known as Race Industry Week. With so much of the racing industry all in one place at one time, virtually everyone traveling to Indianapolis this December with questions will get answers.
More than 35 conferences, seminars and social gatherings will be held in and around the Indiana Convention Center the week of the PRI Trade Show. The exhibit aisles open on Thursday, December 11, 2014, and the Show continues through Saturday, December 13; events are scheduled as early as Monday, December 8.
Over 1100 companies will display the latest advances in racing technology at the PRI Trade Show—the largest gathering of motorsports professionals in the world.
“Whether it’s tackling technical challenges or challenges in the business of racing, the spectrum of events at the PRI Trade Show make Race Industry Week hugely productive for motorsports professionals,” said John Kilroy, producer of the PRI Trade Show. “The quality of people all in one place all at one time provides extraordinary networking opportunities, and the chance to share ideas and strategies with others in the same profession.”
Motorsports professionals can register online at www.pri2014.com/attendeereg.
Special events include the following:
• Advanced Engineering Technology Conference: Attended by hundreds of race engine builders each year, this is the oldest and most respected conference in the world centered on race engines.
• Hot Rodders of Tomorrow: A big hit at the 2013 PRI Trade Show, the Hot Rodders of Tomorrow Engine Challenge returns in 2014! You’ll enjoy watching the next generation of racing industry stars as they battle to disassemble and reassemble engines in timed competition for the national championship.
• Applied Vehicle Dynamics Seminar: Presented by esteemed race engineer Claude Rouelle from OptimumG, this seminar is designed to push participants beyond experience and intuition and begin to ask "why," "how" and "how much" certain factors affect the performance of a vehicle.
• ICMS Annual Congress: This prestigious motorsports safety organization—the International Council of Motorsport Sciences—meets annually during the PRI Trade Show to promote, conduct and correlate research associated with the human aspect of motor racing, and to disseminate information and technology related to performance and safety in motorsports.
• Race Track Business Conference 2014: Now in its third year, this annual conference is designed to create dialog and interaction among motorsports professionals by incorporating track operators, sanctioning body executives, track designers, attorneys, financiers and more. Cary Agajanian is the featured luncheon speaker.
• Day At The Speedway: If you have never been to Indianapolis Motor Speedway, you’re in luck! PRI will make it easy for you with an all-inclusive ticket price of $60, which includes a track tour, museum admission and lunch.
• MPMC Education Day: With the theme, “New Racing Products In The Fast Lane,” this special afternoon session of seminars provides valuable face-to-face training of the latest new racing products from nine top racing parts manufacturers.
• Grand Opening Breakfast: Enjoy a hot, tasty breakfast with your industry friends, and a live, on-stage interview by MAVTV motorsports journalist Dave Despain with drag racing legends Don ‘Snake’ Prudhomme and Tom ‘Mongoose’ McEwen.
• PRI Happy Hour: Mix and mingle with your industry friends in a special setting inside Lucas Oil Stadium. Enjoy hot appetizers, cold beverages and live music.
• PRI Management Seminars: Gain proven, practical strategies through exclusive seminars on motorsports marketing, small business management, race engine business operations, opportunities in the vintage racing market, and much more.
• Exhibitor-Sponsored Seminars: Throughout the PRI Trade Show, exhibitors will conduct their own seminars, providing a wealth of technical education opportunities.
• Engine Charity Sweepstakes: An annual fundraiser for the Victory Junction camp for children with serious illnesses, the Sunnen Engine Charity Sweepstakes offers a chance to win a race engine built by Reher-Morrison worth $25,000.
For more information, visit www.pri2014.com or call 949/499-5413.