Motovicity Distribution, a leading performance aftermarket distributor, was named the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Warehouse Distributor (WD) of the Year at the 50th annual SEMA Show in Las Vegas.
The award recognizes Motovicity’s “continuing efforts to perpetuate and improve upon the warehouse distributor concept of products distribution in the automotive specialty equipment industry.”
It’s the first time Motovicity has received the award, having been a finalist in years past. “We’re honored and humbled to receive this recognition by SEMA and our peers in the industry,” said Motovicity CEO Dave Ziozios, who accepted the award on behalf of Motovicity. “We owe this recognition to our customers, our employees and to our brands, for giving us this great opportunity to raise the bar for the performance aftermarket industry and our customers.”
The award highlights a highly successful year for the Michigan-based performance aftermarket distributor that specializes in carrying the top brands for the sport compact and modern muscle car markets. To showcase its unique strengths, Motovicity unveiled an all-new booth at the 2013 SEMA Show, giving visitors a virtual tour of the key pillars of the company: purchasing, marketing, sales & service, and warehousing & shipping.
“The Warehouse Distributor of the Year Award is all the more special because the winner is selected by peer manufacturers in the industry. It is the highest praise for a job well done, and Motovicity Distribution is to be congratulated for their achievement in 2013,” SEMA President and CEO Chris Kersting said.
Founded in 2002, the company’s slogan, “Better Than Direct,” has been a driving force behind Motovicity’s efforts to provide value-added service to its customers and brands alike. In 2013, the company gave away two brand-new project cars as part of its “Ticket to Ride” promotion, which showcased 14 unique brands in product features, educational content and special marketing programs.
Motovicity is a leading wholesale-only warehouse distributor representing more than 150 of the top performance brands in the industry. The company has 80 employees and is known in the performance industry for its MotoReps, Motovicity’s unique group of ASE Certified sales team of performance enthusiasts.
Motovicity 2013 Highlights:
· Signed more than 20 new brands in 2013, including Tokico, Wilwood, SCT, Blackworks Racing and QA1.
· Initiated ASE certification training and testing processes, making Motovicity among the very first performance wholesale distributors to have ASE Certified sales representatives.
· Launched Ticket to Ride, one of the most ambitious WD promotions in the industry, giving away 2013 Ford Mustang GT and Scion FR-S project cars (with trunks filled with performance parts), and engaging all customer types with sponsor brands, including dealers, installers and end-users.
· Increased warehouse space by 57 percent to 55,000 sq. ft. and increased physical inventory by more than 40 percent, while delivering 100 percent same-day order processing for more than one year non-stop.
· Visited more than 250 new and existing customers across the U.S and Canada, including a multi-city HKS Pro Dealer Tour, while hosting more than two-dozen manufacturers for in-depth product and technical training sessions.
· Maintained 99.92 percent shipping accuracy while also streamlining return and shipping policies to improve customer satisfaction.
· Launched an all-new MotoBlog (www.blog.motovicity.com <http://www.blog.motovicity.com> ) and leveraged several new social media platforms to better connect brands to customers, and to educate retailers and shops on the latest industry and product advances.